Sunday, December 18, 2005

Its the season !

Hello people! long time and all that. Just been super busy at office - trying to lick a business unit into shape, which made me go all hard headed and practical and not in a blogging frame of mind at all. its been hectic socially as well - all the holiday season parties - must also admit I have been super good and stuck to the South beach diet for 2 weeks now and got down to 4 dress sizes - and have been going to the gym and strength training. I feel really all strong and motivated and good. Last 2 winters I basically nested and ate and watched TV - this time it will be different - I swear.

Winter has hit Montreal as well. Crazy amount of snow in the last 48 hours - apparently the highest since 71 - 41 inches!!! It did not disrupt my life at all - the metro is down the block and being Vieux Montreal the street clearing is super efficient - it was eerie from my 32 nd floor office though as the skyline disappeared in a mist and I felt like I was suspended in mid air - but we still went X mas shopping and partied - its in times like this you realised what OIL really means to North America - its as basic a need as water or oxygen - not just their way of life but very survival depends on it. Winter is a cosy time too- I feel all dreamy in the first snow fall, softly drifting down and it is dry so its not like walking the rain - and as hard core Canadians know, snow time is warmer than the really cold days!!! Those are dry and sunny and kill you in 20 minutes. And the X mas lights are out and its all very white christmas magical.

I love my new home - the floor to ceiling windows let in light and a lovely view - the floors are all hardwood and glowy! I feel like a home bird for now and love coming back. I think I am getting comfortable - this winter is not so bad at all. Its a good feeling I have about our very own first home - all warm and cosy.

Feeling like loving Montteal. Here are some pictures of my old street - and the uber hip plateau area where we stayed - the pictures are of the annual bike athon , when the close all the roads for a day and bikes take over - cyclists are a big noisy political group here. Its nice. I am all happy and angst free and approving - the meds are working :)

Please drop a line when you are here. I miss you.
Comments:
ooh! ooh! i love this post! it's so cheery and christmassy :)

[i have christmas on my brain, i know!]

and my mail address is teleute.epistolary@gmail.com. you're welcome to mail me hugs, money, food, gifts, and christmas carols anytime!
 
Ah.. we missed you too.
And you been upto a lot of things eh.. strong and motivated and good.. Thats good news.. even me beeen quite busy...
And a nice long post after a long time
 
4 dress sizes in 2 weeks?!! Awesome. I desperately need to lose like 5 dress sizes, how much does South Beach cost for a mimimum time trial?
 
Dr. just buy the book. 20$. And I did a veggie version, mostly daal with paneer at night. But you got to stay with it.
 
Wow congrats on the new wardrobe! I always think that's the best part of any diet:-)

Cheers
Aparna
 
Great. Would like to try a workout, too.
 
Montreal looks adorable. Would you believe it, I've never ever seen a snowfall in my life. I really need to change that. And here in Southern California, the sunniest Christmas ever!

You dropped 4 dress sizes? I'm so so jealous! The South Beach diet really works?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?