Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Snapshots



The last two weekends have been spent exploring Maine and Cape Cod. I took a day off and with a labor day weekend, it was 4 days this time around. I went swimming off the tip of Cape Cod, the water was cold but I could swim. The water in Maine was far colder, my ankle bones hurt and I got pins and needles but I spent 2 hours trying to acclimatise myself and could swim for a few minutes. Summer is over I think. It has been great.


My first Montreal winter was miserable. I got sick with flu twice after coming to this country and took weeks to recover each time. A lot of new comers I know suffer from allergies. And in the winter basically you can not open doors and windows for three months straight. For another 3 months you can open the doors and windows for a few minutes for ventilation purposes only. Can you think of anything so unhealthy. I can't. The house basically smells musty no matter what you do. When I used to think of Canada I thought of fresh air and the outdoors. bUt basically for 6 months you are shut indoors. Its horrible. The summer of course has been an endless round of festivals, people simply enjoying the sun. That is something I learnt after coming here-appreciating good weather - and the need to simply go sit in the park whenever the sun is shining and it is warm.
Comments:
Looks beautiful and sunny.

;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?