Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Photo Blog: Enchanted palace:Marrakech






Some time ago I was lucky enough to stay in a riad (villa) in Marrakesh. It was a couple of hundred years old, right in the famous Djeme el fna, an ancient market square that is still abuzz with story tellers and fold dancers and snake charmers and tourists not to mention. The riad was a couple of hundred years old and currently owned and restored by a Hollywood scriptwriter (?) I saw cosy group photos featuring Liz Taylor, not at the riad of course(!). Strangely enough there were no other guests, the place is not really a hotel, but the owners visit once a year and let out rooms to those who have heard of it from other guests. It was a magical and enchanting stay, I loved it so much I did not explore Marrakesh much. It was just lovely to lie by the pool and pretend I was back in time and was a nawaabzaadi (-(it won't be much fun being anything else in the past) or a jet setting socialite doing a Garbo. I am a working class woman, but I do get lucky some times! Ewww... that sounds way more la di dah than itI am! My Scottish boss knew I was this crazy woman who goes off alone to out of the way places, and I had work at Casablanca and suggested this place. It was a wonderful long weekend.
Comments:
Oh! What I would give to be in your place. To hell with what the boss thinks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?