Sunday, August 14, 2005

Bar story - 1


Reading the latest compulsive confessor post I was suddenly reminded of my first New York bar experience. Now, I have been pretty much everywhere and there is not much that fazes me, but there was this bar in Soho that left me gaping like a tourist. After an afternoon of window shopping and general walking around we decided to do the "Sex and the City" thing and hit a New York bar.

The mojitos are great and food is pretty good, the ceilings are high, the music is funky, open airy stylish space, a good mix of hip New Yorkers and good looking tourists and the bar man is pretty hunky and its not breaking the bank, and I am feeling pri-tty good. Very with it, y'know. But then we notice the Japanese tourists going upstairs to the loo and returning with pretty stunned expressions. So after a few martinis and mojitos I gotta go pee too. And I am quite buzzed by then. So I go up and there are tables of party goers and right behind them are a set of loos - all in glass TRANSPARENT. They look very cool but, right, transparent! So I am totally shocked and drunk standing there reeling and wondering if I really should have had that "brazillian" done. (And of course, forget about separate girls & boys)After about 5 minutes I notice that once people go in there seems like a cloud of smoke filling the cubes and you can't see much, but presumably you choke to death peeing in high style! I gingerly go in and stand inside like , forever, making sure I can see nothing outside and finish up fast. (basically the glass frosts over, but it stil looks cloudy)I return with the stunned tourist expression! Too traumatised to pee for the rest of my stay in New York(well, almost!).

Ok that's my freaky bar experience, what's yours!
This is a first in a series, I think...
Comments:
Hmmm... cool...
It's strange you get to know so much about a person by visiting their blog.
What did i find out?
That you bday went by just very recently, that you're married, your hubby is the geeky kind, who forgets his wife's bdays, that he loves you like crazy, you travel a lot, you're quite an alcoholic (kidding), and yeah, you seem cool.
See u around woman.
 
sweet! I like that reading! See ya!
 
Funny post. One bad night out clubbing, when I shouldn't have had a shot of mind eraser after I already had had two LITs I hooked up with this guy who insisted I gave him my phone number when I wanted to leave. Though drunk, I still had enough common sense to give him a fictious number but was stupid enough to give him my real name. Well it didn't matter coz I would never see him again I thought...only like 3 months later I bumped into him again at a totally different club! I was sooooooooooo embarrassed coz he kept coming up to me and I kept denying my identity. I was so creeped out coz he gave me dirty looks all night long. Such freakin luck I have...
 
no no no! i didnt change the pic because of him, he was one in a long line of people who assumed it was my pic. now i think its clearly not.
 
Sinusoidally: just what the doctor prescribed!

Broken Verses:Awww...must be gay or he would have bounced you back right in ;)

Vishnupriye,
ooh! I like!
Keep those blog fangs sharp, lady!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?